Is Lockdown A Blessing?
by Helen Sharland
A year ago
It's been a little while since we checked in, how are you doing? Firstly we really hope you and your family are keeping well and we send much strength and love to those who maybe struggling right now.
The world has in fact been turned upside down since we last e mailed, but whilst the news is feeding us doom and gloom, we're asking, is this lockdown really a huge blessing for us all?
As the kids are quite possibly driving you insane as I write this, or conversely, you maybe a little tired of your own company, you may not agree with me here... but if you just take a moment to think about all of your 'gains' since lockdown, what have you learnt? I'll take a bet you have been having many, many thoughts (if you're anything like my busy head) throughout this past month, thoughts such as;
- Finding yourself appreciating the smallest of things - like nature and Spring blooming (gratitude)
- Insane emotions on a daily basis, positive and negative - you've been resolving your own frustrations without even knowing it (resolution)
- Missing your work | family | friends hugely (appreciation)
- Beginning to question that work commute or possibly, realising 'oh I can work from home' (change)
- or even questioning your entire career - 'is this really what I want to be doing with my life'? (progress)
- If you've found yourself with less work as a business maybe you're working on a different offering, alternatively, away from your job, you may have even started your hobby (passion) as a business (pivoting)
- Enjoying the slower pace (wellness)
- Having mealtimes as a family (enrichment)
Am I right? These may seem like both pretty small and HUGE thoughts going on in your mind, this is the amazing thing about this unique time..the good news, these thoughts are having a profound effect on you, helping you GROW, so the question is, how will you take this opportunity to make the change post lockdown? Even if it's a minor change, I'll take a bet it will be a positive one. Please let us know over on instagram @mantel_joy we would love to hear.
Creating a daily ritual to take a moment to appreciate the good in every day, or to give yourself a bit of motivation via inspirational prompts, is a great way to encourage positive thinking and crucially right now, create a routine. Alot of people may write in a gratitude journal for example or meditate, and you got it, our Positivity Packs are just the thing to spark that conversation either with yourself or as a family in the morning! With a different theme each day you can focus on one area, one day at a time, just what's needed to get through our current situation...we can't wait to hear how you adapt the prompts that were printed pre lockdown!
Use code Positive Post for free delivery and these are being made right now ready to deliver from the 28th April.